A queen lake Rara is at an elevation of 2990m from sea level. There are three multiple options to get Rara, we can go through by air, and by road. Rara Lake of Mugu is suitable for all wanderer; Trekkers, Bikers, Jeep Drive lovers, and flights. Entire this program Rara Lake Tour is through the flight because it is making a short trip of 5 days.
Top 4 reasons of visiting Rara Lake
Queen of the LakesRara Lake is regarded as the queen of the lakes, because of its beauty. Rara Lake can change the various color of water in a single day by playing sun rays. It is the largest and on the lap of the Himalayas.
Short Trek and easy to accessRara Lake tour is a short tour if we go through the flight. It can be wrap out in the five days. We can stay two nights at Rara, and visit allover Rara Lake, and hiking up to Murma Top.
To experience the different lifestyleThe Murma village of Rara is a typical Nepali tiny village. Where we can feel the differ experiences with locals. The locals are always active to welcome us.
Hiking up to Murma TopMurma top is a popular hiking trail of Rara Lake. It starts from Murma Village and get the top around One and Half Hour. From the top, we can see more of the 7 seven districts and views of valleys, rivers, and the Himalayas.That’s why we visit Rara Lake. Rara Lake is also in the Great Himalayan Trail. If you are love to longest trek we can customize trip with Dolpo, Rara and Mustang. And for a short trek trip you can visit this Rara Lake Trek Itinerary.
- Visit the Queen's of Lake
- Experience the new lifestyle
- Hikking up to Murma Top
- Enjoying in vieiwing the high Himalaya wildlife
|Short Trek||Medium||3 Days|
- Day 1 Arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport
Welcome to Nepal! We will receive you the airport and transport you to hotel.
- Day 2 Flight to Nepalgunj
Today, you will have a brief introduction meeting and depart for sightseeing. During the tour, you will visit Pashupatinath Temple and Bouddha Stupa. And after finishing your tour back to the hotel and drive to the airport for the Nepalgunj flight. Nepalgunj very close to Nepal-India border, which is only 3kms away from here. Tonight we stay in Nepalgunj.
- Day 3 Morning Flight to Talcha Airport, Mugu and trek to Rara Lake
Today you will fly to Talcha Airport of Mugu district, mid far west from Nepal. It is a one-hour flight. Talcha Airport is a just above the Gumgadi Bazaar.We will have a short tea break and started to hike up toward Rara Lake. It takes about 6hrs.
- Day 4 Hike up to Murma Top and Visit around the lake
Today is a rest day where you get to explore the lake a lot more. hike up to Murma Top, which is the best view point of Rara. From here we can see more than seven districts. It is the highest point of the trek.Today, we will have a morning walk around lakes, and trek down to Airport.
- Day 5 Fly to Nepalgunj and take next flight to Kathmandu
We fly early morning from Mugu to Nepalgunj, and then take a connecting flight from Nepalgunj to Kathmandu. Both the flights are scenic: while flight from Mugu gives you good close up views of giant peaks, including Annapurna and Dhaulagiri, flight from Nepalgunj gives you a panorama of the Himalayas afar and the rugged midhills of Nepal. In the evening, there will be farewell dinner in a traditional Nepali restaurant with folk music and dance performance.
- Day 6 Trip conclude
Finally, the entire trip is over.
Standard Itinerary and Private TripIt is the notice about Standard Itinerary and Private Trip. The provided itinerary is standard, and if you want to customize it, you can do it. OR you can go through our Plan Your Holidays page.
Travel Insurance and CoversWe strongly recommend you to have travel insurance that covers the adventure activities such as trekking/hiking above 15,000feets. And must include flights delayed/canceled by bad weather, accidents, evacuations, etc.
Keep in MindSometimes, the unusual weather change, natural disasters, flight delays and cancellations, government rules, local political situation, health conditions of trekkers may change your itinerary. At that point, our leading guide will decide and try to minimize the impacts and run the trip smoothly, but we are not liable for any additional costs if needed.
Always options for UpgradePlease you can upgrade your accommodation and transportation service than regular. We can provide you with 5Star hotel accommodation and the best available private car/ jeep services. And also domestic flights including the Helicopter Charter.
- Fixed Departures
Select a departure month
What Includes & Excludes
- From and to airport transfer to hotel on a private tourist vehicle
- Full Board Meals during the trip as per itinerary
- Apex Asia Holiday provides English speaking local guide
- Accommodation, foods, insurance, salary, equipment, and medicine for field staffs.
- Trekking/tour permits, entrance fees.
- All ground transportion as per itinerary
- All government taxes and official expenses.
- Three nights Hotel Accommodation in BB plan in Kathmandu [2nights] and Nepalgunj [a night]
- Three Nights Mountain Lodge and Guesthouse accommodation
- Kathmandu-Nepalguj- Kathmandu and Nepalgunj-Talcha-Nepalgunj domestic flight tickets
- Trekking porter if needed (we assign each porter for two clients)
- Farewell dinner one night before the client’s final departure in a typical Nepali Restaurant with culture dance. Your guide will accompany you.
- International airfare to and from Nepal.
- Visa fees and travel insurance.
- All drinks including bottled/boiled water along the trekking route
- Lunch and dinner in the city.
- Tips for trekking staff (Tipping is expected).
- Personal trekking gears/equipment.
- Anything not mentioned in the price includes.
HOW ARE WE DIFFERENT?
We operate this trip with aiming:
- To improve the lifestyle of local people
- To protect the environment
- To respect and promote the culture of the local community
- To create the Volunteering Opportunities
- To donate 5% of each trip cost to the COSD Nepal organization
We hire the local people as trekking staff, which creates the opportunity to learn and share the cultures, get exposure to local traditions. You can enjoy the local product feasts in the teahouses and lodges that directly help their business.
- Namaste [Namaste is usually spoken with a slight bow and hands pressed together, palms touching and fingers pointing upwards, thumbs close to the chest] is the respectful greetings in Nepal.
- Walk-in clockwise direction around temples, monuments, MANE Stone, MANE-wall is the culture of Hinduism and Buddhism.
- Enter temples and with removing shoes and also leather.
- Ask permission to take any portrait of locals.
- Use right while giving and receiving food, eating, wiping mouth, etc.
- Please dress in loose-fitting clothes while entering temples and monasteries.
A small group of travelers led by the local trek leader, we try to minimize the impacts on natural resources and the environment during the trips. We emphasize reducing waste. Encourage travelers to use a refillable water bottle instead of a single-use bottle.
We are also a supporter of the Community Organization for Sustainable Development Nepal (COSD Nepal). And, we collect 5% of the total payment of each trek to contribute to the organization.
We have a volunteer trip operating in a local school in Gorkha. Through this trip, you can directly support the children also the teachers’ educational status.
- $ 90
- $ 585
- $ 90
- $ 350
- $ 150
- $ 200
- $ 2000
Brain Rea South Africa
Raj was my guide on the Annapurna Circuit. He was not only professional but a great companion and, when the going got rough, proved very efficient in implementing the necessary safety procedures. I would not hesitate to recommend Raj as an able and proficient Himalayan guide.
Brett Peters United Kingdom
I returned to Nepal to trek Everest after falling in love with the Himalayas and Nepal 9 years earlier. It was imperative to choose an ethical, professional and quality tour company to provide an ideal platform for me to achieve one of my dreams, see the summit of Mount Everest. The pre and post tour support was fantastic but more than matched admirably by my guide Gyanu and porter Ratna during the 7-day trek to Namche Bazaar. During the trek, Gyanu was professional, knowledgeable, enthusiastic and flexible when faced with challenging weather ensuring the trek was a success. I would recommend any other independent travelers or groups to Nepal to use Gyanu as their guide.
Here you will get a basic idea of the equipment and items of clothing that you need to carry on the trip. Apex Asia Holidays provide you with a gratis duffel bag in Kathmandu to pack your trekking luggage.
- Non- trekking items can store at the Hotel lockers in Kathmandu.
- If you are trekking in Everest Region: Kathmandu- Lukla Flight only allows the 15KG including hand-carry bag.
- You must have to carry a down jacket from above 4000 meters to keep warms. You can hire a down jacket and sleeping bag for USD 30 with us.
Upper Body - Head / Ears / Eyes
- A cap to protect your ear and neck from sunlight
- Warm wool or synthetic hat
- Neck Warmer
- UV protective glaciers sunglasses - better to have side shield.
- A pair liner woolen gloves for mild days and heavy for morning and evening
- Three cotton t-shirts
- Three synthetic t-shirt
- Two long sleeve polyesters, light colored shirts for sunny days.
- A soft shell jacket, water resistant, with insulation, underarm ventilation zippers. The full front zipper is preferable for ventilation.
- For women two synthetic sports bras, no cotton.
- Two pairs of nylon hiking shorts.
- Underwear, stay away from cotton.
- Two pairs lightweight long underwear.
- Two pair trekking pants, preferably that zip on/off at the knees.
- At least four pairs of liner socks, synthetic. And three pair heavyweight socks to be worn over liner socks.
- A pair of lightweight socks, a good option for the lower / warmer parts of the trail and also on lodges at the time of dinner.
- A pair light to medium weight waterproof hiking/trekking boots. Make sure the size and should have to be avoidable for blister.
- A pair light trekking shoes or sneakers to wear in and about camps or lodge.
- Small Day Pack
Medicine and First Aid
- Ibuprofen for general aches and pains
- Extra Strength Excedrin for altitude related headaches
- Immodium or Pepto bismol capsules for upset stomach or diarrhea
- Anti-infection ointments
- Lip balm (At least SPF 20)
- Sunscreen (SPF 40)
Miscellaneous but Important
- Passport and extra passport photos (2 copies)
- Airline tickets
- Durable wallet/pouch for travel documents, money & passport
- Water bottle/bladder
- Water purification Iodine tablets
In Nepal, there are two kinds of transport, public and private. We mostly recommend you to use the private than the public because the roads two ways that make traffic, and the private vehicle can avoid the traffic by choosing the proper time for less traffic.
In Nepal, you will get the extensive food menu. From the international food menu to local foods. Dal Bhat is the main course of Nepal. Your guide will help you to choose the suitable food, on the trek and tour.
- ALTITUDE SICKNESS
Trekking is the popular trekking ventures in Nepal, which is always in the High Himalaya and where we have the chance to get altitude sickness. So, it is highly recommended to learn more about the High Altitude Sickness before you start the trek. Hurry can be deadly in Nepal Himalaya. Walk slow, and give enough time to your body to fit in the high altitude. Drinking more water and stepping slowly with rest is the best protection against altitude sickness.
It is necessary to have travel insurance before you embark on any trip. The insurance policy should include the cost of medical expenses, any damage or loss of your luggage, and cancellation.
Nepal is one of the safe and more peaceful countries around the world. Even though you must have your Travel Insurance and the should cover the area which is on your itinerary.
- RESPONSIBLE TRAVEL
Traveling is the way of getting in touch with the local peoples. It is important to recognize what is acceptable in the society, such as dresses, behaviors, and language. There might be different than your own country. Most of the people can communicate in English in the cities and also some touristy towns but if you have learned a few words Nepali, like greetings “Namaste” that make a huge difference.
- HEALTH & SAFETY
Apex Asia Holidays always concern about the health and safety of the clients. Our guide carries a first aid kit with the directed medicine by the doctors. We also recommend you to discuss with your doctor about your visit at least a month ago. In case of severe or emergency, we transfer you to the nearest hospital. Safety is the first important for us as a responsible tour agency, so we do not take unnecessary risk.
Why travel with apex asia holidays
Since 2015, we have operated unique itineraries and happy trips that are a once-in-a-lifetime experience. We focused on the fun factor and challenged you aptly to reach that great feeling of personal accomplishment while enjoying the company of like-minded travelers.
Make your journey fruitful by choosing to travel with a local company. We know each holiday is different. With the guidance of our travel experts and first-hand experience, we can customize every element of your holiday. We create travel packages that transcend our clients’ expectations. We invite you to discover what you’ve been missing. These are some of the difference that makes All-Travel unique.Explore More
Join a small group of like-minded travelers that, like you, are eager to safely and confidently experience all the things that make our world worth exploring.
While traveling in a small group of up to 15 people gives an opportunity of making lifelong friendships. We can appreciate more intimate, personal connections, share experiences, and cherish memories.
We employ all local guides and porters because of their local knowledge expertise. They can deliver first-hand information to our valuable clients. And trekking in High Himalayas, the local guides and porters can lead you even in the extreme weather and conditions. In addition, we aim to employ the local guides to enhance their skill and empowerment them. We are always concerned about the local community to improve and support them through tourism.
Health and Saftey
Your safety is our top priority. Our trained and experienced team is always concerned with providing fresh and hygienic food, keeping First Aid, 24/7 communication services, and more. Before commencing the trek or tour, we always make sure whether the clients have good enough equipment, clothes or not.
Responsible for Tourism
Responsible tourism is significantly important because it becomes the responsibility of each individual in the tourism industry. Our dependency is on the existing environment we talk about business or livelihood. We focused on our policy to organize outdoor packages that leave less carbon footprint as possible.